Nordic walking in Bath is a fun and inclusive exercise that suits most fitness levels. It’s fun, turns a walk into a total body workout and we believe it’s the best exercise out there today.
Our Nordic walking classes are very friendly and most of our walkers have started by themselves, so just come along.
If you’d like to join any of our Nordic walks in Bath we ask you to first complete a Beginner Workshop with a maximum of 6 people. In this one-off session you will:
- Fill in a health and safety form
- Find the correct pole size you need, measured by our instructors
- Learn the classic Nordic walking technique
- Discuss future Nordic walking and what you want out of it
Bath Beginner Workshops are held in Royal Victoria Park and take around 75 minutes, although there will only be around 35-45 minutes of Nordic walking. You can go at a pace that suits you but please be aware that Victoria Park does have hills. Cost £15 per person.
You’ll meet your instructor in front of the Royal Pavilion Café which is also where our regular Nordic walks start.
What to wear – please come dressed appropriately for the weather and walking shoes or boots with a good tread are essential. No open shoes or sandals. We can discuss clothing in further depth on the day.
Upcoming Beginner Workshops
- Saturday 7th September 10.30am – Royal Victoria Park, meet outside Royal Pavilion Café BA1 2NR
- Monday 16th September 11.15am – Royal Victoria Park, meet outside Royal Pavilion Café BA1 2NR
If you can’t find a suitable date please email us and we will try and add one for you.
We look forward to meeting you.
The Bath Nordic Walking Team